Chroma

I've been thinking about colour a lot lately. There's a couple of craft-like projects I've been tossing around in my head for the last few days. It's all part of my desire to not go back to work in December - I'm determined to find something, anything, to do from home that will bring in enough funds to keep me from having to go to work, at least from going back full-time.

Anyhoo, colour. A couple of jobs ago, I would ravenously scour the internet for colour ideas for ads. I tried to avoid the typical red-yellow-blue-blah-blah-blah... I loved searching through the Pantone pallet to find just the right colour for an ad. I became a devotee of kuler, Adobe's web app for colour development. I also knew, however, that no matter how wonderful colours looked in an ad looked on screen, by the time they hit the newsprint, the colour ended up muddied or washed out. (Needless to say, I've never worked at a high-end newspaper.)

Now, I'm trying to figure out ways to get my hands on as many paint sample chips as I can without raising suspicion. I have plans for these chips and I want to make sure I have all the colours on hand once I get going on my next (first?) project. Perhaps I'll rope my sister into helping me gather the chips next week when she's visiting :)

No comments: