Needle in a haystack

Now that Christmas is over and we've been stuffed and spoiled (Maddy infinitely more than either Keith or I, of course), it's time for me to actually do something about this whole freelance/crafter/designer thing I've been humming and hawing about for months now.

Problem #1: My desk.


 This is my desk as of 10 minutes ago. Abysmal, isn't it? The sad part is I used to be perfectly okay with working like this. Not anymore, if only because I can't find my notebook. Cleaning my desk requires a decent chunk of time, what with the filing and sorting and general need to not lose this month's bills.

Organization is definitely not my forté, but I'm also not the only one who uses my desk. (I say 'my' because I brought it into the relationship and have had it for close to 27 years.) However, because I use it the most, it becomes easy to take on the organization/cleanliness of when it has to be done. And right now, it has to be done. Boo.

Maybe I should be doing that rather than this...

No comments: