No closer to a beginning

I've spent most of my evening doing what I said I'd do yesterday (and the day before) - purging my playlist on iTunes and cruising the Nano forums. And I'm still not finished doing either. Good thing I have tomorrow off, I guess.

I still only have a character name at this point, but I'm preparing to wade into the forums again tomorrow for inspiration - namely the 'Dares'and 'Reaching 50,000' threads. I've got my handy-dandy notebook, all ready to go... now all I need is desire. Or sleep. Probably sleep.

Hopefully on Monday, my Moleskine notebooks will arrive and I'll be able to start putting them to use, too. I like to make notes on everything - ideas, quotes, websites, quirky features I see in other people. I had a notebook I'd used for the past couple of years that went everywhere with me, but I've managed to lose it in the past month (it's the main reason I'm getting the Moleskines). It was full of websites for names and character traits, some weak poetry I'd written and a dozen or so pages on ideas I had for a novel I'd been contemplating for a couple of years. I haven't felt such a loss for anything like that for years... and it's only a notebook.

TO DO for tomorrow
-continue rebuilding iTunes playlist, including borrowing a couple of CDs from a friend
-scour the Nano forums some more
-check out other writer's blogs

No comments: